Slide Away

Slide Away

Postby aduffill » 28 Dec 2012, 22:26

Hi Everyone,

I'm a Singer/Songwriter from Essex, UK. I hope you don't mind me sharing this video with you - I know it's not strictly Oasis-related but thought it would definitely be of interest to Beady Eye fans!! When I was 13 my dad gave me his old guitar and I asked for an Oasis chord book for Christmas - I learnt all the songs, and pretty soon started writing my own material!! My influences these days are probably a bit more based around american rock bands, like Matchbox 20, Bon Jovi, Goo Goo Dolls, but I will always have a bit of Oasis/Beady Eye/ NGHFB in what I do!! :D

Anyway, 'Slide Away' has always been one of my favourite Oasis tracks - for me it combines some of Noel's greatest songwriting with one of Liam's strongest/most passionate performances. I hope you like my effort at it, I certainly get into this one and hopefully show my passion for the song in my performance!

Thanks for taking the time to read this - If anyone has any Beady Eye tracks they want me to cover let me know, I was thinking of doing 'Kill For A Dream' as that is my favourite off the album!

Adam D
aduffill

Re: Slide Away

Postby virynch » 11 Jan 2013, 02:27

Mhmmm ...

I don't know what to say. Maybe I am (personally) used to hearing that song with a kind of time... rhythm, and this is the first time I actually heard it differently. I can't say I liked it because as I said, perhaps I'm too used to the "original" version. However, I find it interesting, or more daring than anything, that you did it the way you feel comfortable.

Anyway, the good thing is that we are partners of the same passion, Oasis. Keep it up. Greetings. xx :)
virynch

Postby ChelyVonBitch » 19 Jan 2013, 22:08

Ammm wowww, sounds good, congrats.
ChelyVonBitch

Postby Marcos_Harston » 10 May 2013, 03:34

Great performance! Keep em coming
Marcos_Harston

• Website

Postby aduffill » 28 May 2013, 14:48

Thanks very much for your comments guys, I really appreciate it! :) I've just done a new cover of Wonderwall as well, I'd be delighted if you'd let me know what you think to this one as well! :)
aduffill

Return to All Things Fans